Individualists United

D&C is a movement to fight for and protect our individual rights and sovereignty.
We are diverse.
We are contradictory.
But we are united in our resolution to protect that diverse and contradictory nature.
We follow the CREDO of the D&C movement.
If you believe that your uniqueness is worth fighting for - Join Us!

We are
Diverse and Contradictory

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Watching the News

My first mistake was turning on CNN.


My second mistake was keeping it on when I found out:


  1. Bush is in Cancun to talk about immigration and border security.
  1. Lou Dobbs was on - and he was in Mexico too.


Okay, First - "Guest Worker Program" is a euphemism that stretches the credulity of even the most jaded spin doctor.


Second - I have another entry in the D&C Credo -


I Believe:

· That sometimes Lou Dobbs needs to shut up.


Does he actually believe that anyone cares what his opinion is? Especially when it's delivered with a smug superiority that is, shall we say, somewhat less than justified?


I just wanted to see the news. Is there any genuine reporting out there anymore?




Anyone?




Anyone?




Bueller?




Peace,




Matt




tags:

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Sean Aqui said...

Dobbs has been more commentator than straight news anchor for awhile. He's also been perhaps the most prominent critic of free trade. I think he even wrote a book on it.

He does get on the nerves occasionally, but I don't mind commentary when it's right out in the open. Dobbs doesn't hide his opinions behind a facade of neutrality, so you gotta respect him for that.

While still wishing he would shut up. :)

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Matt Parker said...

Couple of things:

Having a strong commentator such as Dobbs or Cafferty on CNN with programs that are an hour long goes past the notion of news. It's the same as having the front page of a newspaper be the opinion section. I don't think Rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern should be on CNN either.

What bothered me most (aside from the fact that I was looking for news and didn't get it) was that during the show, Lou Dobbs responded to a critic who suggested that he should present a more balanced point of view by saying, "Our reporting is balanced, we only report the truth."

Call me picky, but that sounds more like Stephen Colbert.

Peace,

Matt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home